Energy Efficient and Clean Fuel of choice
The versatility offered by LPG includes benefits of open flame cooking, ease of transport and storage, among many others. In many instances, LPG is more affordable than alternatives like natural gas and electricity. Once transported in the right quantities, usage of LPG involves no additional service charge, making it more cost effective for many businesses.
Benefits of Cooking with LPG
Temperature Control & Flame
- Open flame cooking is necessary for certain type of dishes like stir frys and hot pots.
- LPG stoves offer instantaneous and more responsive temperature control when compared with electric cook tops
- LPG burns completely and has higher calorific value than natural gas, making it more efficient.
LPG Transportability & shelf-life
- Use of LPG is ideal for commercial cooking arrangements where there is no access to Natural Gas.
- LPG can easily be transported and stored for long durations as LPG has an indifinite shelf life.
- The only thing to be mindful of with LPG storage is cylinder/tank maintenance. LPG cylinders are robust and can easily be stored without issues for a decade.
- LPG stoves are more durable than electric cooktop alternatives like ceramic, hot plate and induction.
- On the downside, the clean-up process may be a little more time-consuming with an LPG cooktop. However, LPG cooktops’ ability to handle significant wear and tear in a commercial kitchen significantly outweighs this disadvantage.
Looking for an LPG commercial cooking solution for your business?
Opt-in carbon neutral LPG for homes and businesses
Climate Activate certification is an important step for ELGAS and our customers as we make the transition to Net Zero emissions by 2050.
As Australia’s largest supplier of LPG, we understand our responsibility to find renewable alternatives to fossil fuel energy sources while reducing our emissions - and the emissions of our customers - at the same time.
When you choose an opt-in carbon neutral LPG plan for your home or business, ELGAS will offset the carbon emissions of your LPG use. And by choosing an opt-in carbon neutral plan, you can play an important part in achieving Net Zero - today and into the future.
Why Choose ELGAS for your business?
Australia’s largest LPG provider
Easy online ordering
Free and reliable doorstep delivery from a branch near you
Customised solutions to suit your needs
24/7 telephone and online assistance
Tips on what to look for while buying a hot water systems
All you need to know about how LPG pricing is determined and various involved factors
Differences between Natural Gas and LPG and how to choose the best option for your needs.