Gas Heater Installation for Your Home – Gas Wall Heater Installation
A step-by-step guide to gas heater installation and gas wall heater installation, including the installation of LPG gas in an all-electric home. It can be as simple as connecting a gas bottle, connecting a bayonet for a portable gas heater or installing a gas line and flued gas heater installation.
Gas Heater Installation
The following are the six steps to gas heater installation:
Choose Your LPG Gas Heater
Buy Your Appliance Before LPG Gas Heater Installation
Pick Your LPG Supplier Before the Gas Heater Installation
Choose a Licensed Gas Fitter to do the Gas Heater Installation
Install Gas Fittings for Your Gas Heater Installation, If You Don’t Already Have LPG
Gas Heater Installation
No matter where you live, you can have a gas heater installation with LPG bottled gas.
LPG gas heaters for sale have advantages over the electric alternatives. They can heat an area much more quickly and, unlike reverse cycle air conditioning, continue to provide maximum heat output even when it’s very cold outside.
Gas Wall Heater Installation
The following are the seven steps to gas wall heater installation, which are unique to gas wall heaters:
- Choose your natural gas or LPG gas wall heater
- Buy your gas wall heater before gas heater installation
- Check for available adapter kit to fit existing gas wall heater opening, as this will make the installation much easier
- Pick your LPG supplier before the gas wall heater installation
- Choose a licensed gas fitter to do the gas wall heater installation
- Install gas fittings for your gas wall heater installation, if you don’t already have LPG
- Gas wall heater installation
- Fit the wall heater adapter kit, that corresponds with your old wall heater, to the existing opening
- Decide if you want heat ducts on both sides of the wall, if the new heater has that option.
No matter where you live, you can have a gas wall heater installation with LPG bottled gas.
Gas Heater Installation is Easy
We make gas heater installation easy. We work with you to get you the LPG heaters for sale you want, a qualified gas fitter for the gas heater installation and help you save money, too!
You buy your gas heater, choose your LPG supplier, engage a licensed gas fitter, install the gas fittings and flue (if applicable) and then finish the gas heater installation. It can all be done in a few hours.
Gas Heater Installation – How To:
1. Choose Your LPG Gas Heater
First, you decide on which type, size and brand of LPG heaters for sale you wish to have.
There are two basic types:
• Portable LPG Gas Heaters plug into a bayonet* fitting in the wall or on the floor.
They can be moved to any** room that has a fitting and do not require a flue. Rinnai gas heater, Everdure gas heater and Paloma gas heater all offer great portable models. These make for the easest gas heater installation
• Flued gas heater installation for the home are fixed in place with a flued gas heater installation, usually through the wall, floor or ceiling as part of the gas heater installation.
The Rinnai EnergySaver gas heater range is the top of the line in flued heaters, with a number of models and flue kit options
• Victoria residents, please choose a VIC Compliant model*
What size LPG gas heater do you need?
2. Buy Your Appliance Before LPG Gas Heater Installation
Pre-purchase the LPG gas heaters for sale well before the gas heater installation. This will save time and could save you money, if you choose one of our great LPG Bundle Offers. You get a great price, 24 month interest free payments and Bonus Gas Credits!
Compare Indoor Gas Heater Prices
Now you can compare prices for all the major brands of indoor gas heaters including:
Rinnai gas heater, Everdure, Paloma, Braemar and Cannon.
Click on your category of interest to compare prices:
3. Pick Your LPG Supplier Before the Gas Heater Installation
If you are a New User of Home LPG, you also want to pick your LPG supplier before the gas fitter starts the gas heater installation, as the gas fitter will need to know from whom to order the initial gas bottles.
It’s fast and easy to Open a New LPG Gas Account Online.
As part of the selection process, you will need to decide on the type of LPG delivery that you want.
4. Choose a Licensed Gas Fitter to do the Gas Heater Installation
You should choose a licensed gas fitter that is familiar with LPG and gas heater installation.
We work with you to identify an experienced gas fitter in your area.
Please also see Use of Licensed Gas Fitters Explained
5. Install Gas Fittings for Your Gas Heater Installation, If You Don’t Already Have LPG
If you do not yet have LPG at your home, the gas fitter will install a gas regulator, the gas bottle connectors and the gas piping, before the gas heater installation.
We provide the gas bottles and our $80 Bonus Welcome Package.
Be sure to tell the gas fitter if you are getting our Automatic Tanker Delivery, as this can affect the placement of the gas bottles.
6. Gas Heater Installation
The gas fitter will then install the bayonet, for a portable gas heater, or install the entire flued gas heater and flue kit. We will coordinate the initial gas delivery so that he can test the heater as the last step of the gas heater installation.
How long will a gas bottle last using a gas heater?
That depends on the gas consumption rating of the heater being used.
Heater gas consumption is expressed in mega joules or MJ of energy.
One litre of LPG has approximately 25MJ of energy content.
A 45kg gas bottle contains just a bit more than 88 litres or approximately 2200MJ of energy.
The following chart shows run times by MJ rating:
*Examples of Rinnai EnergySaver® Flue Kit Options For Flued Gas Heaters Installations
It’s fast and easy to get started with Elgas as your LPG supplier
**Portable gas heater installation should not be used in bedrooms or any rooms used for sleeping.
Gas Heater Sales & Support
The following are just some of the areas where we have either a company owned branch or Elgas Appliance Buying Group Members who can provide the product and help arrange the gas heater installation: